Sunday, November 4, 2018

Cheeky

For a time, Handy Man and I said we ran an old age home for chickens.  That changed when we lost our dog and the predators came out in force before we got SamWise.  The only little ol' hen that was able to escape was our Easter Egger- Cheeky.

I named her that because she was the first to sprout those awesome cheek feathers and she was nine and a half years old.

Handy Man alerted me that she wasn't acting like her spritely self.  Then the news she'd tucked her tiny chick head into her feathers and then she was gone.   Don't you wish the going could be so easy for all of creation.
That is on my mind as we thought we were in hours of losing Mom on Friday evening.  The very worst thing they ever did was take away your primary doctor's ability to direct your care.  We ( 99 % Aunt Tish) have been on the awfullest merry-go-round in trying to manage her care.  They delayed too long in treating a UTI that sent us on a downhill spiral and now, here we are, 7 antibiotics later, and her knocking on Heaven's door ( both physically and her begging in prayer).  After many hours, for reasons unknown to  us, she turned the corner.  She turned the corner, but this past month has weakened her past being able to care for herself in most ways.  So, just color me heartbroken.  
I am a fixer by nature.  This makes my day job harder than it seems for some people because I'm ever looking for another book or article to make a non reader a reader, a poor number sense a better one, a fear of speaking to finding it not so scary.  When there are no good answers it grieves me to my very bones. 
So, I have so many cute pictures of these past weeks, but this last episode with Mom has overtaken all my good sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment