Wednesday, November 14, 2018

All it Takes

Today, for the first time, a new nurse Ashley and her aid, who's name has slipped my mind were really on board with comfort care as I thought it could be, both to Mom and me.   
This is ever so much easier to bear when you are not in constant conflict with the medical team.
Someone stopped in from Hospice and I told her to please be sure to tell the powers that be what a great job this nursing team has done today.
A most compassionate man, Dr. Schuster came in today for wound care, thank God.  He was so kind and so reassuring as to how we should proceed.  After feeling like our every action has been called into question, it was as much for my wounds as for hers, his visit.  You would have thought he hadn't a thing better to do then to talk and listen. I wish he could be everyone's doctor.
I'm off to nap.  Since Mom was moved to a shared room, our menfolk help can't do the night shift.  A prayer that we can all get where we are going safely in this upcoming ice situation please.

No comments:

Post a Comment