Friday, October 12, 2018

Pre Granny Wandy Festivities

I wanted to hurry and get pictures posted of Mom's birthday since there cousins and friends wanting to see them.
So, I missed some other events between my birthday and Mom's.

This little June Bugg and Giddy-Up became good friends during the wood's camp I had this summer. She often comes to Playdate on Fridays.  We were preparing for a big Saturday of parties on this Friday Playdate. 
I started the morning early with a haircut. I had not had a haircut in soooo long, since all summer I mostly wore it up.  When school started it was ridiculous, to my waist when wet.  My hairdresser was busy and so was I, so I just whacked off like ten inches.  So, I needed some shaping and trimming. I don't bother trying to smooth it straight in this Ohio Valley humidity and heat, but I love when she does and for a few days I can run my fingers through the my hair.
This Saturday was our anniversary,-39 years.  Rae, planned a Hobbit Party for her party loving boy, in honor of Bilbo's September 22 birthday. I went to this party as LOTR's Radagast's ( the nature wizard- imagine) wife.  
It was all so cute and fun and delicious.  




 Rae corned her own beef. Who knew?  So I tried it and will cook it today.

 Well fed and satisfied is always time for rest and a good book.
 Giddy-Up needed to wear my tiara.

Missy Buttercup is now in the double digits and loves Percy Jackson, so with her Mama, threw a great Greek God/ Goddess  Party.  Party goers were to come dressed appropriately.  Since I had my new dress from Noella, I found it perfect to be Demeter.  In Percy's words, she was the carbohydrate Goddess- well, a perfect fit.  Buttercup requested coconut cream pies as well, so I provided.





 Gardner E. also had a birthday, so I invited her to dinner.  I didn't have correct candles, so we set her back a few years.

So, my first weekend of break was an exceptionally busy one. 
Last Saturday, Rae and Michael went on a tenth anniversary trip and left the littles with me.  We had a wild a crazy week of fun. I'll save that for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment