Sunday, April 2, 2017

Back At It

Alas, a sad good-bye to Spring Break 2017.  We really didn't do too much exciting since  this new boy puppy occupies a good bit of our time. It was nice to see my husband more than two days in the week and have a bit of extra time with my Gramerlings. I did manage some clean outs, though there is much more to do and as I've expressed here before, I'm simply terrible at it.  Still, a big box is headed to Salvation Army.
Our usual big Spring Break Playdate was poorly attended due to sickness and busyness.  It always makes me sad when one is missing, but it certainly so much easier with three that pretty much take care of themselves.  Uncle Jimi was able to join us. It was cool and damp, and a bit dreary so we entertained ourselves with shrinky dinks.

 Later, I got this bright idea to have the kids help me do a spring cleaning in the playroom.  I thought it would be fun to talk about how old they were when I bought the toys and who played with what most. Bless Bugg and Giddy-Up's heart, they stuck with it for quite a bit.  Bean on the other hand feigned unusual fascination with those shrinky dinks, ahem.  We turned on Davy Crockett for a bit of afternoon entertainment.
 I took SamWise out and realized the day had morphed into a spring beauty, so we hauled it to the creek.

 Bean and Bugg were photographers and serious rock skipping was the order of the day.

 Then it was seeing if you could throw a rock high enough to get a good picture of its descent.

 Then the splash!
 I enjoy doing cooking I don't have time for outside of  breaks.  Bugg was able to come with me do Shepherd's Kitchen.  Earlier in the week we made mints for the meal.
The menu for this evening was Salmon Patties, Sweet Potato Fries, Coleslaw, Cheesy, Garlic Rolls and the yummy mints.
 She was an awesome help.
 After the meal we headed over to Art on the Parish Green meeting and dug the old signs out of the basement and put new dates on them.
Yesterday Ol' Mother Hubbard and I went to an essential oils class. I learned quite a bit  and enjoyed the day with her.
Now, off to eight weeks of craziness. Ready or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment