Friday, March 20, 2015

Feed the Birds, Tuppence a Bag

Sunday was my day to visit Mom and give Auntie Tish a day out. Since it was beautiful, warm and sunny, Mom wanted to come to my house.  She loves the chickens and enjoys being out, though moving around much at all is a challenge.  I'm not sure she'd been anywhere since she moved in with Aunt Tish.  I was glad she was willing to come.
 I had also invited Uncle Jimi and told him we'd celebrate his birthday.  Rae Rae brought my sweet boys to run and play in the sunshine.
 Sadly, a few days prior, Old Mother Hubbard's father in law was in a car accident.  He just was not able to withstand the injuries.  On Sunday morning, they called the family in.  I told her to bring the Gramerlings to me.
I got to the Happy Birthdaying early, as I knew we'd be facing some broken hearts later in the day.
 Oh, my. This  boy decided he just wasn't going to miss anymore of the fun. He wanted to swing and ride in the jeep.  Ol' Henry did a good job driving him about and holding on tight.
 He was having no part of being on the "other side" of the fence.
 Some cutest little dirt daubers.
It is strange, so much laughter and joy, and me knowing what  was coming.  How do you tell them their Grandad is gone.  Rae headed home.  Well, the good Lord worked it out perfectly. After supper, Ol' Henry wanted to go out, whilst the younger ones wanted to play dress-up. I kept them entertained so when Ol' Mother Hubbard and Mister pulled in, the Mister could share the news with Ol' Henry. Then we sent them out to their Daddy, one at time.  A bevy of little broken hearts, but lots of adults to love them up.  I guess that's all you can do.
The funeral was today and three of her brood began their day at 4:00 am with their heads in a bowl. When it rains, it pours.  Thankfully, it was relatively short lived bug.
My sister, Auntie G-Lou, was the caretaker helper for Grandad's wife, who is very disabled by Parkinson's, so a sad bunch around here.
I do believe Auntie G-Lou has turned the corner and am looking forward to her complete healing from the heart surgery.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you did the birthday celebrating early as the pictures of smiley faces are wonderful. Your home really is a magical place for all of them.

    ReplyDelete