Tuesday, December 5, 2023

The Old Folks Maiden Voyage Bus Tour

 The Handy Man and I discussed bus tours pre-covid.  We wanted to try just an overnight to see how it all worked and what we thought.  There are no more Toby Tours, but Miller is adding more and more trips. Neither of us have ever been to the Opryland Hotel and since it isn't far and only one night, we decided to give it a whirl. 

I think there were about 46 people on the  bus. First, we were thrilled that no one bathed in perfume or cologne. That sets off vertigo in both of us. Second, not one person was even one minute late.  I felt like activities were spread out enough to go through the three sections of the hotel- Magnolia, Cascades and Delta and see the beautiful gardens and shops and Christmas lights and decorations. I think I could have sat in the Magnolia Garden for a week. 






I could easily see Gollum sitting down there with his fish.  We walked through it a couple of times. 

Delta, and Cascades were pretty, but not like Magnolia.

The ice show was impressive. One of the artisan's was there, carving in the -9 degrees.   These carvings were huge. I so loved that though the theme was Polar Express, it ended with the Angel Gabriel and the Nativity.










There was live music. It was way cool that as part of show they recognized veterans and first responders, and made mention of Christ in Christmas.  We were serenaded by Daryl Worley and Deena Carter at a dinner show and Ten Year Town at breakfast.  

There were tons of people there, everything was ridiculously expensive, the food was mediocre at best. 

The Christmas lights were dazzling. 

The rooms also mediocre. 

On Sunday we went to the gigantic mall right next door.  Huge. I haven't been to a mall in I don't know when. Phil and I are big shoppers. We bought a little bag of chocolate covered raisins.


There is something to be said about being dropped at the door, luggage that magically appears in your room and not having to worry one little bit about any detail. 

Long trip, short trip, I'm always thankful to the Lord to return home safe and sound. 

I had six kids out today and now have a fever myself-good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment