Sunday, April 9, 2023

Happy Easter

 Wow, it has been a minute.

As I've noted before, seems like I don't do much but work and some of the same things I've done again and again as the grandkids have grown up, so don't feel like there is much to say.   Someone recently asked me the date of something ten years past. I was able to look here and confirm and it reminded me that I do really enjoy being able to "walk down memory lane" and see pictures and far more detail than my mind can recall. 

So, let me look at my camera and see what I can recall of these past four months. 

Aunt Tish invited us to an evening of lights right after Christmas. It was a big fun time. 

Handy Man, Rae, the boys and I traveled to Indy to celebrate the life of our friend Bob.We also spent sometime at the history museum. I returned the next week to spend some time with Dixie. 

A first time event did occur, Raechel and Tim's 40th birthday. While they went off on different adventures, I took the kids to the local science center. We watched a cool 3D movie and played the day away, made painted glass in the MakerSpace, then headed home for a cook out.  On Sunday afternoon we had birthday dinner. 








A sweet friend constructed and presented me with Chik-nik table. 
I've continued to pursue eating healthier and tried my hands at protein power balls. I like them okay and they are surely nutrient dense. 


These terrible storms seems to have brought down half our woods. Handy Man fought one of the trees and the tree won, though in this picture his eye is nearly healed. 



This year I finally started some music lessons, both guitar and ukulele.  I'm slow to learn, but because I love being part of  jam sessions, I will enjoy sitting in and strumming the very few chords I know now and again.  I continue to be a part of the community choir and have enjoyed hosting a book/Bible study for a small group of lovely ladies. 

It is somewhat strange to not be ruled by someone's doctor's appointments, hospital visits and, well, generally speaking,  the fear that surrounds all that.  At just a year after Uncle Jimi's passing, the kitchen came down, and Phil's Mom continued her decline. Now the kitchen back is together, Phil's Mom has moved to a better place,  and we celebrated Jimi's birthday and anniversary in the new kitchen this year. 

It appears  Handy Man's hip turned in its notice, and will head out and make way for the new one this week.  Prayers for a good outcome for him. 

It is a beautiful Easter and as ever, I am thankful for the reason we celebrate. No matter where I am or how I feel, Jesus remains in my heart and is my eternal hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment