Friday, July 22, 2022

Phil's Mom

  Phil's mom has not been well for a long time, since before Christmas.  This picture wasn't that long ago, maybe three years.  She loved lemon meringue pie and I made her one for her day after Christmas birthday every year.  


We shared a love of lemon pie, flowers, cooking,  and a Handy Man. I took her one last bouquet on Wednesday,  to add a little soft color and sweet fragrance,  to  a sad setting. 




 So thankful her daughters were able to grant her wish to stay in her home. She sure loved her little house and her little dog and hung in there for so long. She loved nature, watching birds, plants both indoor and out. She made all the kids wedding cakes and they looked like they were carved from porcelain. When Conner was wee, he loved Davy Crockett, and called this grandma after Davy's gun, Ol' Betsey. She got a kick out of that nickname.  Rest in peace Ol' Betsey. December 26, 1934- July 22, 2022.





I know there are folks who believe in signs and that things that happen are not necessarily a coincidence, and then there are people who don't.

I remember when Kaye died and my rose bloomed that one perfect  rose that frosty November morning. 

My roses haven't been great since the spring flush. It has been so hot and then beetles.  On Wednesday I picked every one to make Betty that little bouquet.   I was out watering this morning and audibly gasped when I turned the hose to the roses. Roses galore. 


Then as I continued to water I came upon this little Butterfly Sweetpea. Till last winter, I didn't know there were blue sweet peas that you could make dye and drinks from.  Rae tried to start them for me and ended up with two pitiful little bits that I've hovered over for almost four months- nothing, till I found this today. 

And these putting on a show-


And finally a bloom here- 
So much sadness and so much beauty in this ol' world. 

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, friend. I'm sorry for your family's loss...great pics of Phil and his family. So glad you shared this with everyone. Love to the Paris family, one and all.

    ReplyDelete