Sunday, October 13, 2019

Von Trapp's

I really wasn't sure what to expect at the Von Trapp Lodge, but the gardens were amazing.  Bees and butterflies of all sorts were buzzing all around.  Apparently, as I learned later, these flowers are used for the fresh arrangements in the Lodge.




Good thing there wasn't a sign reading, "Weeder needed."  I would have just planted myself right in that garden.

















Can you believe the size of these rose hips?  I've never seen the like.






Our dinner was yummy here as well.  We shared a slice of Black Forest Cake, of course.

We spent quite a bit of time wandering around looking at all these centerpieces, even in the bathroom.  Oh my.





Even though it was dark, it seemed easier going back down that mountain than the trip up.  A local potter made the little milk jug on the tables. One side was a little sketch of edelweiss.  We each got that for our souvenir of the Von Trapp's. I used to think I had pretty flowers, but nothing quite like the poppies, lisianthus and ranunculus you see here. Still, each time I fill that vase, I'll remember.
One more sleep, then off to Gettysburg.



1 comment: