Saturday, September 1, 2018

Dogs Days of August

This August, now past, has been a hot one.
Lots of celebrations in addition to Ivonne.  Ceece completed another revolution of the sun and Blue Eyed Boy as well.
This year he wanted coconut cream pie.

First, we shucked corn for supper.  I had intended having a fire, but the rain interfered.

Next, we got our pie crusts ready. I showed him various ways to fancy up the edge.


While they baked and cooled we had dinner with Pap.
Then it was time to mix the filling.


Perhaps not all the filling got in the pie crust, ahem.


 While we watched the rain from the porch, we decorated a walking stick.

 We had just enough time to use it for a trip to the creek.

I know it's cliche, but honestly, weren't we just celebrating his birthday last week.  He's growing up so fast I feel like I can't catch up to the their age.

No comments:

Post a Comment