Friday, November 24, 2017

A Beautiful Day for Thanksgiving

Yesterday was such perfect Thanksgiving weather to me. Sunshine and a bit of chill in the air. Not so much that all of our little gobblers couldn't get outside to play.  Rae and Michael hosted and it was a lovely afternoon.
While this particular Thanksgiving was all cute and yummy and fun, these napkins have made me chuckle every time I've looked at them since I bought them weeks ago.


I managed to have the wherewithal to round up all my people for a picture before time to eat. I so very much dislike pictures of my myself, but part of this crew I am, so I'll take my spot. I'm always amazed at what joy it brings to me to see such big smiles on my kiddos.  Gwen is a very entertaining picture snapper.




 One little one is missing here, our Wayside Sassy Pants -that I can't have a full face picture of on anything social, even though we've had her for 14 months now.  Speaking of which, we got an emergency baby over the weekend.  He was so tiny and sweet.  Alas, I had the sniffles and didn't want to give it to him, so Pap got the honors.  He hates that job, can you tell?



Since Rae ended up with a tiny boy all weekend (he has since moved to a long term placement, much to the heartbreak of his weekend big brother), I told her to send the kids out Thanksgiving Eve and allow her to get caught up a bit.
We made turkeys and pilgrim hats and rakes full of leaves.



 Next, we broke out the crayons for some barnyard art.

Back to Thanksgiving.  Uncle Jimi and his crew made it..  Jakester made a delicious brussel sprout roasted medley. 
 Mom has had a tough time coming back from those two big infections.  I delivered her dinner to her and she ate up every bite and loved it.  Last night was the most normal and interactive I have seen her in over a month.  Thank you Lord for a little added Thanksgiving blessing.



 I usually bring a little craft to do after the eating has stalled for a time.  Nothing as creative as last year's scarves, but enjoyed all the same.




We no longer have handful of babies to juggle so Michael, Gwen and I actually sat down and not only started, but finished a game.  Woo, hoo.  Good times all around!
We have some new fluff balls to replace our decimated coop. They are pretty friendly.

I was asked to donate a Cinnamon Roll Baking Class to our Parish Night Auction and will need to do that in the morning.  Of course, this is also the week I volunteered to do coffee hour at church and the Gingerbread Party is next Saturday, so there is much to do today.  
Usually, I have Advent Story boxes ready to go by Thanksgiving as I've wrapped them over Fall Break, but there was a delay in something I needed, so I wrapped two boxes full yesterday and hope to finish one this morning.  
Christmas, here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment