Thursday, November 26, 2015

Why Me?

Why me, I wonder.  Why do I wake up this autumn morning with a roof over my head, a helpmate to snuggle against the morning chill, a frig,  freezer, and pantry full of  food, awaiting some Thanksgiving transformation to yumminess, the privilege of raising children, the joy of sweet gramerlings, an evening of loving on my Mama behind me?  Between what is happening to people close, what's on the news and what cycles through Facebook, well I spin between grief, confusion and helplessness.  There is so very much hurt and pain.  It is awful. I want to fix it.  I want to post a comment that will change people's hearts.  I want to be Jesus to others, so that they see Jesus as a good thing.  I hate conflict.  I have to remember, not a thing has changed since Jesus walked amongst us, except that grace and mercy now usher me into His kingdom.  People are still fighting, people are still hating, people are still hurting.
But, there are those other people, those that continue right on, being Jesus hands and feet, loving.  God bless them.
Today, I can be thankful for these things and more, and remember what I need to do is be thankful every single day. And every chance I have to do good, I need to show up and do it.

Speaking of showing up, Rae's sweet friend made time to visit on Playdate. She's home from Wyoming with her hubby and new baby boy, my precious birthday baby.  Of course, I had to wrest him away from his Auntie Rae in order to smooch that chubby cheek.  Love, love, love!

 He was carrying on quite an animated conversation with his Pap for a wee ten week old.
 It occurred to me on Monday (after thinking Thanksgiving shopping was done), that I had not procured supplies for this little mister to craft edible Thanksgiving treats.  That would never do, so back to the store I ran.  This boy loves creating and while I can't attest that all results carried a Thanksgiving theme, much fun was had.
 This is the way Mr. Smiley creates.
 SweeTee and Wee Will made lots of treats to share.
These times around the table, laughing, creating and kissing babies are the best.  I really inherited that love from my Mom.  Last night she and I  shared some of the turkeys, acorns and drumsticks the kids and I made with new friends.
My wish for you today, peace like a river, love like the ocean.

1 comment:

  1. The pictures are wonderful. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. I can't believe how quickly Mr. Smiley is growing! And I understand about feeling really lucky!

    ReplyDelete