I waited a few weeks to see if the few bees that remained were raising another queen. Apparently not, so I put them in the Langstroth and closed up the Top Bar and brought in all the combs so moths and beetles wouldn't destroy them.
Well, the bees with the new queen survived very well in the Langstroth hive and today are hauling in pollen as fast as those tiny wings can go.
Handy Man picked up our new bee box for the Top Bar hive today. Since neither of the boxes last year were satisfactory- a hive that swarmed and a mean queen that needed beheading, we decided to go with a different breeder and bought ones bred for good hygiene, which should help keep down the varroa mite population.
This little box contains Queenie Bee, but the cork was already cattywhampus. Usually there is a piece of candy in there. It gives the hive time to get used to her scent. So, I stuck a marshmallow hunk in there.
I tell you, I can't say enough about this bee jacket. You see they are all over me, but it doesn't phase me. Since I've learned to pull a puffy pair of sweat pants over my jeans, or whatever, there is no problem at all.
I'll check back in a couple of days to see if they have her out. Man there were a ton of bees in that box. Since all of their comb is already built, I'm expecting big things from these littlest bits.