Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Two Little Old Ladies and One Big Ol' Truck

 Well, actually, only one of the ladies is little, that would be my sidekick for this ride, Andrea and only one is old. If you haven't guessed that would be  me. I should return more fit from climbing up and down in that mountain of a truck. We're gearing up for a big adventure.  Not being a fashionista, I don't need a big suitcase. Being a voracious reader however is another story. I still have not warmed up to Kindle and honestly, while I do listen to audible books, I don't usually like them.  I read really fast and so far haven't found anyone who reads as fast I can, on an audio, so it sort of cramps my reading style. At home with podcasts at home I yank that speed up and breathe a sigh of relief. 


Don't you think those neck pillows look a lot like those old, awful fuzzy toilet seat covers. Who ever even thought of such a thing. 

Like I imagine the pioneers did, I'm hauling my starter and all the fixings  all the way across the lone prairie to the family hosting us in Anacortes WA. The host's fave bakery  item is cinnamon rolls. Well, I'm going hook him up. 

Food hasn't gotten so expensive and Andrea and I like a lot of fruit and veggies, so I've been busy preparing us some this morning. Carrots for her, celery for me. Sounds like we're rabbits. 

And you know, my camera started getting glitchy.  Of course it did.  I don't like Kindles and the thought of a new techno gadget causes my stomach to clinch.  Pap said I couldn't do an adventure without a trusty camera, so my red appendage will be left at home for a new one, not nearly as cute. 

It was a wild and wooly week between tutoring, Playdate and an hour to and from VBS where I was the designated storyteller.  The things Miss Andrea talks me into. 
It was about battles and so I brought along the Captain's gear, which the children loved.  I promised them at the Sunday closing service, I would share a more modern story involving the Captain and so I did https://www.facebook.com/cantonchristianchurch/videos/803293724457231 at about 36 minutes. Thanks son for sharing your gear, your story and really your life  you've laid on the line that affords me so many freedoms. 
This weather, oh my, glorious. Playdate was too fun. 
We had a three newbies and I loved showing them the fossil bed and their joy at their discoveries. 








Tim and Gwen shared their quail eggs with us. Oh my, how seriously cute. Now those are my kind of eggs. One bite and done. 
I also enjoyed a just lovely visit with several friends on Friday on the porch. 

And one last, most precious gift.  When I first became a Gramerly, the oldest always wanted to take something from here when he left.  He was so adamant about this (and his minimalist papa so frustrated) that I researched it.  It is a thing- at transitional object.   I get it I guess. When you are at Gramerly and the entire time is devoted to your every desire, leaving is hard.  Through the years my gramerlings have drug home the most interesting things.   My girl Rae knows my favorite adventures happen right here  at this Tumbledown Ol' Farmhouse. She knows how valuable it is me to be close to my people, and in fact always try to take a few of them with me on any adventure.  This is the furthest and longest I've ever been away from home.  Hence, a transitional object. A sweet little box covered with my most favorite things. 
Inside something to represent them. Gideon chose a Pokemon card- his love, Finn a man with a weapon- his love, Rae and Michael lavender and wheat, our shared love of flowers, good smells, gardens, and of course, bread. 

I am thankful Jesus goes with me, no extra packing required. Say a prayer for us and if I am able to manage the technology, come along for the ride. 








2 comments:

  1. When will you be out this way? I am still in western Washington. Would love to connect if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn’t know you were going on a trip. Have fun! Mae

    ReplyDelete