Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Once in Blue Moon

I'm kind of excited to see the moon in the morning.   A blue/red moon.
Today I was certainly out and about in the community.  It is Catholic's School Week and we again visited the knitting group where Mom lives. The kiddos meet with them in the big community room and more and more folks trickle in as the afternoon goes on. They aren't there to knit, just to visit.  There was someone new to me from Germany who shared with the children that when she grew up every Wednesday night was Family Night.  Everyone gathered together and fixed any torn items or knitted/ crocheted the evening away.  Mom has really gotten more and more glued to her chair of late.  In addition, yet another UTI and an antibiotic that is making her sick.  I was surprised that she came down to join us, but she did.  She loves to hear the kids sing and see them sign.



After school I was off across the river to pick up the Congolese refugee I mentor.  Catholic Charities was hosting a letter writing campaign.  We went to dinner first.  Noella doesn't know much English, but she has an easy laugh and tries hard.  I was singing "You are My Sunshine" to Ivonne and the second time through she joined in and picked up the tune and then words so quickly.


 Cutie patootie.
I so enjoyed the gramerlings on New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day.  I made the traditional food and it just seemed to be particularly lovely.  When everyone made their exit, I laid down for nap and woke up with a fever that persisted five days and the absolute worse sinus inflammation I have ever in my life experienced.  It lasted three weeks and today, something is starting again, thankfully, no fever.
Between Catholic School's Week, Open House, and my sixteen kiddos I'm tutoring four mornings a week, oh yeah, and teaching all day, I am kind of worn out!


1 comment: