Thursday, December 25, 2014

Love and Joy



God bless the master of this house,
Likewise the mistress too,
And all the little children 
That round the table go.
Love and joy come to you,
And to you glad Christmas too,
And God Bless you, and send you a 
Happy New Year,
And God send you a Happy New Year.

Well, in the best of times, Christmas can be hectic. It is a strange mix of love and joy, and grief and anxiousness, and well, I suppose you know the drill.  This message brought such comfort to  me on this precious remembrance day and helped to lift my funk.
As is our tradition of the last six years, Christmas with family has been celebrated-  with my children last Sunday, with Ol' Mother Hubbard and the Cupboard on Tuesday, and with Mom and my siblings yesterday.
Here are every one of mine in present opening melee.
 We slip into those jammies speedy quick.
 My brown eyed beauties.
Umm, just a little  more fudge please. 


The morning after.  
Those that wish to, spend the night.  Bean and Bugg have spent every post Christmas party night with me since we started this Sunday before tradition. This was Mr. Smiley's first night from Mama and Papa.  He was great. He wakes at 5:30 and Mama usually re-pacifies him and back to sleep he goes. Pappy and I knew it was the calm before the storm, so I snuck out and got his bottle and a couple of toys and we brought him in our bed to laugh, coo and make us smile big before the older ones woke up.   Bean got a minute with him too, but I must tell you that Giddy-up keeps Mr. Bean very busy.  He is so very good with him. They painted, built cars from Legos and raced for a very long time.
 Perhaps there wasn't a child any more excited this Christmas Eve than one Uncle Jimi, who made it home to his boys for another Christmas- one, that for many days, I doubted was ever going to be again.
So, it is here- Christmas.
Color me 

GRATEFUL!
And it bears repeating-

God bless the master of this house,
Likewise the mistress too,
And all the little children 
That round the table go.
Love and joy come to you,
And to you glad Christmas too,
And God Bless you, and send you a 
Happy New Year,
And God send you a Happy New Year.


1 comment:

  1. While things do look holiday hectic it sounds like it was wonderful. I am especially glad that everyone was able to be home for Christmas.The hospital or rehab center is not the place for anyone to spend this special time. Merry Christmas to all of you.

    ReplyDelete