Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Never, Ever

 Never, ever does it get one bit easier.  In spite of Jimi's failing health, the heart doctor kept telling him his heart would withstand a transplant and he has held ferociously to this hope, through endless rounds of hospital visits where every bit of his dignity was stripped away.

Was it this last issue of an infection causing endocarditis, or the poor care at the rehab, or his poor body saying, "Enough."  I guess we'll never know, but his heart is no longer able to withstand much of anything, along with a long list of things that are not working.  When he learned of the condition of his heart, he asked for Hospice.  He will have one last dialysis tomorrow and then hopefully get home on his birthday Friday to see his fur babies, and let go of hanging on. 

It is so strange when something you've been expecting since I heard the nurse say February 2020 that his hemoglobin was 2.9, is still devastating. 

Thankfully, they've lifted the protocol so I was able to stay as long as I wanted today. And he can have two visitors all day and night for the last two days. 

He was very pleased with all his cards from near and far.  Thank you so much for sending them. 

For whatever reason, it seems those who've gone before seem to be close at such times. I had to run by Kroger on the way home from the hospital. Kaye always loved those snowball cakes from Hostess. I really never did, but a box wound up in my cart just the same.  I'll take him one. 

Prayers for another sad and hard road for my family.

Peace and love. 



No comments:

Post a Comment