Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big and Green



Handy Man Pappy found this huge fellow on an apple tree in Pete and Kaye's yard Saturday. It's about three inches long and as big around as my biggest finger. The biggest one we've ever seen. Of course, I had to bring it home for Bugg and Bean, but by Sunday evening, it had already begun a cocoon.
Thankfully, they could still see it and watch it work.
By the time I took it to school on Monday morning it was all brown and papery looking, so I challenged my class to find out what it is. Do you know?
Missy Bugg came to visit me yesterday morning at school and brought me a photo book Ceece had made of all the summer playdate pictures. Ahhh, so sweet. I have so missed seeing them every morning. When I picked them up last evening, they wanted to do everything they're used to doing when we have a whole day. We managed creek, chicken visit, tea party, but that was about all the fun we could pack into an evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment