Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Kitchen Chronicles Again

 If you know  me at all, you are well aware of my fascination with all things nature.

The flash of the camera illuminates the dark inside of this nest, but when you approach it, it just looks dark an empty. 


However, the second the contents of said nest hear movement, all these tiny mouths open for some supper and never have you heard such caterwauling from such tiniest bits.

Yes, to me, that is so sweet and another outstanding picture of God's infinite creativity.  
So, is there a problem?  Well, kind of. 

See that top right hand corner?  Yeah, that's the nest. 



As you know, the whole wall of the kitchen came down. Once that was done, things moved kind of slowly and I wasn't in there that much, with the door into the kitchen being boarded up from the rest of the house. 

During this time, Handy Man cut the big grass on the side and brought me a nest he found.  By the time I noticed this nest, amidst boxes, wood, wires, buckets, tools, etc. I thought Handy Man must have put it there to show the gramerlings. Umm, no.  Since, by the time we realized we had a squatter,  if was full of eggs, no one had the heart to pitch it out. 

In less time than it has taken, let me see if I can figure this out, about twenty people, to fix my kitchen, this littlest bit of a wren has built an entire house in the middle of this chaos, laid eggs, figured a new route in an out as one entrance after another has been finished, and now nearly raised this brood. I'm impressed. 

This weekend the back porch panels were replaced around the new electrical box, and Handy Man finished the two places where the rooms connect. 

I think this week the last solar skylight will be placed and the floor started. 

I desperately need to get my room buttoned up. A job I hate. 

At last, creeping charlie is not winning the garden race. 

I signed up for a yoga class and plan to join a community choir. 

Welcome summer.

2 comments:

  1. I soooo wish I wasn’t swamped this week!!! I would have loved to help you get your room finished up!!! Instead, I’ve been to hand doc, more shots, surgery next ugh! Finishing VBS plans, cleaning like a mad woman as usual…calgon! Take me away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and the birds, be still my heart!!!

    ReplyDelete