Thursday, May 19, 2022

Kitchen Chronicles 9

 What is that you say? I didn't know there would be a number nine. 

So the electrician came and worked a week ago Monday, left with the idea of returning Wednesday. As has been the case again and again, ran into trouble with our  unusual current electric situation and said everything was good to use and he'd be back on Wednesday. I used the washer the next morning and heard a very loud pop, which scared me to death, and the washer was off.  Not any washer, The Washer, my Speed Queen. I could smell plastic burning, so I texted him and he came over and said nothing was burning and he'd be back to check it out.  I fretted as long as I could and finally texted. He let me know it was working. I came home, it wasn't. I fretted some more as you can't get that washer anymore and it is by far my favorite appliance. Not to mention the headache of there being something else I can't do.  It is fixed now, thank the Lord!

Adam put in some insulation yesterday and drywall men/boys were here when I got home. 

Getting the butcher block countertops was another big ordeal.

Had to cancel vacation plans due to an event I can't miss. 

I'm getting closer to yanking my garden from the clutches of creeping charlie, the hated weed. I'm loving my peonies, irises, roses and Tasha's Dame's Rocket.  My yard, my therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment