Monday, May 2, 2022

Kitchen Chronicles 7

 So, I got nothing.  The plumber did come one day and ran the gas line for the stove, otherwise things have ground to a halt. 

The electrician was supposed to come today, but called, rather late last night, to say the parts weren't in so maybe tomorrow, maybe Thursday. Ugh. It is starting to seem long. 

Let's count our blessings. I've so appreciated other help. Friends like Brenda and Barry, Peggy, and my neighbor Jenny bringing a meal or having us over to eat. Rae made yummy sourdough crusts for the freezer, giving us a hot pizza from the air fryer in ten minutes.  Aunt Tish has cooked us a meal every week and this weekend Tiffani brought chicken and dumplings.  Blessings indeed!

I went on Friday to do my first volunteering at Yew-Dell gardens. This early peony was the size of a salad plate.  Everything was so beautiful and I bought too many plants. if there is such a thing. 


My garden is a nightmare as my usual gardening time was spent packing, helping and cooking.  I am hoping I can get it a bit more under control this weekend. 
Gardner E. brought me lots of starts from her garden.  I have so very many woodland flowers, thanks to her. I even worked in my school garden during recess today.  Yard work is therapy for me. 

And today we celebrated our last spring birthday with the gramerlings.  Four between April 13 and today.  The baby turned seven, which really means no more babies. The next event will be our first grandchild graduation. How in the world could that even be?  
Life in the fast lane. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment