Sunday, July 26, 2020

Nipping

I've been out in the garden this morning, while it is still cool, to do some nipping.    I don't really like to take food from the tiny ones, but I know if I don't, then the plant will not produce as much.  As hard as I've worked on this garden, I hope to see flowers till frost.
Any morning, but Sunday mornings seem a particularly good time to reflect on God's blessings and creation.



In my little tutoring and enrichment groups this summer, our focus was butterflies and color.  I wanted to make a bigger than usual splash with our final project.  I always love when supplies and directions are the same, but the end result is so different. I loved these. 


 A ton of stuff pops up on my fb and one of them was a guy making bread  in a weird to me way with just one tsp. of yeast, cold water, salt and flour.  I felt the need to try it.
It is by no means the same caliber as Rae's sourdough, but  the crust was so crispy and it would work if you needed it. 

 I was gifted a huge pack of wildflower seeds through Amazon.  I was delighted and actually had time to really prepare and care for the bed.  It was perfect as I am turning the old garden bed into a mini wildflower prairie.  Well, that was the intent.



The first thing I noticed was what I believed to be nasturtium seeds rolling out.  That wasn't listed on the package. Well, thought I, I'm not positive of what seeds to all eighteen plants should like look, so maybe they look the same.

Nope, it was nasturtium, which I love, aaaaannnnd that is about all.  The seeds popped up immediately and I dutifully tended, watered, fertilized and weeded.  I weeded weeds.  In addition to a couple of baby's breath plants, and black-eyed susan, this is what I got in spades.

It looks like a cross between lettuce and dandelion, but is not eaten by deer or insects, and has yet (planted in April) produced any type of flower. Clearly, it must happen for them to have gotten seeds. 
Note that bag, not a thing on it about the company or the seeds. That should have been the first red flag.  So, I've been complaining to Amazon and whoever thought it was a great to package weed seeds to sell.
The bigger problem is, I learned that Amazon pays with products for people to give reviews.  I used to love that I could look through the reviews and get a good idea of a product.  Now, I have no idea.  Sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment