Tuesday, July 14, 2020

All Things Fairy

When we left school for three weeks that second week of February, I didn't think much about what might happen in summer, thought this would all be over.  Oh my.  Then when summer came, I still was completely unsure about how to handle Playdate.  What I did know was that mentally, spending every summer day with nothing to look forward to and seeing no one was just not going to work for my mental health.  I also know my gramerlings are not going to slow down growing up and I didn't want to take one more thing from them.   So, praying and hoping, we started, having the little people stay outside, not that it bothers them, and making sure no one was sharing drinks and lots of dial soap by the water hose.  The hardest of course, no hugging or sitting on laps. Of course, no one would come if displaying any symptoms or having been out of town recently.  Those that came's number one place to hang out is the library and it is still closed to foot traffic, so none of us get around much.

And today was the Fairy Ball.

It was a very big fun time.  A friend is interested in what we do, so this post is is very picture heavy. If you click on a picture it will make them bigger.


Aunt Tish and I started on Sunday with molding rose mints and white chocolate bugs.

 These clear rocks were glittered up and made into rings.  Wearing the rings, opened up all the possibilities of the day.
 Sparkly rocks are just fun.


 Look at what a great group of terrific listeners as instructions were given for making glow in the dark  tiny jars, some made into necklaces, fairy alarms, and fairy houses.


 Aunt Tish is sporting a beautiful fresh from her garden flower crown.






The funniest activity of all was making Scary WooHoo's.  A WooHoo is a critter that irritates fairies.  Like Scare Crows, these sticks are to plant in the woods to scare away the WooHoo's and keep our fairy folk happy. 



I knew Gwen could use the clay and supplies in a fascinating way.  She did not disappoint.









 I don't think we have to worry about any WooHoos in these parts.
 And we have lots of alarms to notify us of fairy visits.



Always, a story, a sweet summertime and root children story by the lead fairies.



Lots of adorable fairy houses. 
And all the handsome and beautiful fairies  for the requisite  Gramerly group picture.



Well, Ol' Henry has no interest in Fairy Balls, but he's become quite a tree herder and I had some saplings on the hill he was interested in.  I told him to move them closer to me so I could take care of them and he could move them when he was ready.  Then he helped herd the boys in the creek.

 After all the fairy projects a snack and a story, they were off for the last creek date.
When they returned, the snack had worn off and the fancy fairy food was  ready.



There were lots of oohs and aww.  It was quite a spread.

Caprese in the shape of mushrooms .

 Benedictine sandwiches and hot buttery ham and provolone.
 Mints, berry fruit chews and toffee bars.
 Molded chocolates and cheese mushrooms.
 Raspberry and marshmallow mushrooms.  Lady Bug cheese and birdseed salad.
 Twigs (pretzels) nuts, Salted Pecan Caramel dip with bear and bee hive crackers.
 Cutest small plates.

Hedgehogs, bears, marshmallows. 




 The table items were the work of many hands and it was not only beautiful, but delicious.
The humidity wasn't unbearable  today and I'm thankful we got to have another summer of Playdates.  Now it will take me a week to get all this put away, while getting my room ready for what?  Who knows.

In Uncle Jimi news, he is in his second week of rehab.  This situation of keeping the ammonia out of his system will be quite a burden to bear.  I pray he can get himself and his meds on a good schedule and have some good days.  We all contributed to making him a Playdate tie dye shirt and bandana. I think that will make him happy and I also saved him a few fun treats.  He's always appreciated detail as much as me.





No comments:

Post a Comment