Monday, May 4, 2020

Hide Your Crazy

I see the value of hiding your crazy.  I am always a little shocked and amazed at some of the things folks share on social media.
Still, I do have a conflict with painting a picture  where all the pieces are neat and pretty.
I have a longing to be that person who is so appreciative of a piece of ground, roof over my head, good food and a loving helpmate,  a Savior, the Holy Spirit, a job, and yes, I could go on and on, that I just grin and never have a bad day.
But, I have my crazy like most of the people I know.
I hate cleaning, and double hate cleaning by myself.  Now if there is a reason to rush in to help, and clean and leave it, where it will ever be clean in memory, I'm your girl.
Cleaning something that will need cleaning again,  just about drives me over the edge. Literally to tears-crazy.  Everything in my world is ever in need of cleaning because I have never been able to mature into neatness.  I am Pigpen. If it can be spilled, I'll get'er done now.  And, of course, I simply lack any backbone in telling my littles that they can't do something, no matter how involved or messy.
In the back of my mind, when the word came that I would not be returning to my classroom, I knew the gig was up. I had figured out how to do the videos, and my age and state of fitness doesn't allow me to work outside more than a few hours and then you know it rains and stuff.  I knew I had to bite the bullet and do some very needed things.
I have done a bit in fits and starts.  I cleaned a hall closet, went through old bills and papers and piles and rid myself of much.  I also cleaned the fairy corner at school. Still left are one hundred other things.
So today-

A morning spent here.  Tomorrow, or Wednesday or Thursday if I can find anything else to do, the pantry.  Saturday, the back porch. Bleh!

Well, I realized I could not keep purchasing books. They cost too much and I don't like most of them.  A danger of reading a few, ahem,  few hundred perhaps, wonderful books is that is gets harder and harder to find just as good of ones. 
Along with all the other things missed is the magical world of our library, where I just click on whatever sounds good and go by and pick it up. I'll take this gift over drive-thru restaurants any day.  Handy Man has a Kindle, bleh.  I have a teacher iPad, so as my purchased books were  dwindling, and I read a book at least every other day, I decided to get the app for the library service where you can download books to some device. 

I don't like reading that way, but desperate times.  So I sign up and  and ready to click "get" when it alerts me that I need an update.  I remembered, before I left for Vermont, that I had taken it in to the tech people and school and they had updated.  The device itself said it was updated, but it wasn't what I had to have.  I contacted the boss and she contacted the tech people and they sent along a PDF.  Amazingly enough, I had actually tried what was there, so back to drawing board.
I am guessing you know the end to this story. My iPad 4 isn't inclined to allow for this latest update, which is required by the library app. GRRRRRRRRRR!  Technology brings out the cuss in me faster than anything I know of. I am holding to hope that as we move back into communal life, that the library will let us pick-up and drop off books.  I do know that I'm allowed to return to the classroom, so that will compete with house cleaning.
Uncle Jimi made it through the week without returning to the hospital.
And our two littles turned 5 and 6 at the beginning and end of last week.  I don't know how this keeps happening so quickly.












So, with the frig cleaning behind me, that is until I spill something, I'm off to make hay while the sun shines.


No comments:

Post a Comment