Thursday, May 14, 2020

A Different Sort of Day

Well, the blissful weekend didn't last long.  I was happy to pick Jimi up when the hospital released him Tuesday. We went straight to the doctor's office for him to swallow the camera pill.  Weird. No word on that, but again today dialysis sent him right back to the hospital for trip number five.  I just can't for the life of me understand how someone could lose so. much. blood. and them never find a source.
That was my first morning news, followed by the jarring news that a friend of mine died in her sleep.  What?  What?  No, just no.  I met her at the Episcopal church. She attended early service but would come to Holy Hikes.  Both of us had feeble Mama's.  Her sweet girl had a lot of learning issues so we talked teacher stuff and she was a heart nurse that kept a close check on Handy Man. We worked together with Art on the Parish Green.  We started a dinner group and had our last dinner on February 15.  Our little group keeps a close eye on an elderly couple and she just posted that I was a "good cookie" for helping with meals.  She was so funny with her southern accent and just easy to love.  My, my, my.
So, I just seemed to spend a lot of time twisting around doing nothing, so finally I went outside and continued working in my crazy garden.  It sure isn't very pretty right now, though perhaps interesting.


We got the new bed filled up tonight and I've nearly gotten around the tilled part with tall branches.  I just keep fighting the deer and deer keep winning, we'll see.
I have planted wildflower seeds every where.  I was pulling my tall grass straw to move it somewhere to block, er slow down weeds  when I saw two eggs, or so I thought.  I felt bad, feeling I had disturbed a nest under the grass. Pulled off more and the"eggs" were everywhere.  I thought the orange thing was a hiding nerf bullet till I got a closer look. The "egg' were leathery and assumed I'd disturbed snake eggs. Oh boy.



But what in the world is this orange finger? tube?  casing?  What?


So Rae identified it as a stinkhorn mushroom. Absolute weirdest thing I've ever found in the yard. 

Okie dokie, going to take my aching head and heart to bed.



No comments:

Post a Comment