Sunday, July 20, 2014

New, Newer, Newest

Oh lands! Yesterday I was busy running in and out cleaning the bunny cage and checking on the said bunnies, as I had seen a stray dog on the school road.  I heard Strider losing his mind and all the chickens caterwauling like they were being hauled to their deaths.  
I walked about and counted heads and couldn't see anything amiss, but was worried about where that dog had wandered to.  When the Handy Man got home, he grabbed the pellet gun and went for a stroll.
He came to tell me we had a new visitor in Gramerly Woods.  My very first owl sighting on our property.

 I simply cannot fathom that ten years have passed since I received the best gift of a grandboy.  We spent hours in that dolphin swing, but there finally came a day when he just no longer fit. By that time the line was long and frustrations mounting as turns were taken in that old blue swing.  So, we bought a new swing set that has seen a lot of smiles from a host of wee folk. Alas, the growing continues. What to do?  They still weren't done swinging, so after much discussion, we purchased a heavy duty swing set.  Gwanfader and Swee-Tea came out to lend a hand on the assembly.


 Naturally, we had to be sure it worked. Handy Man hadn't added the dolphin swing yet, but it is there now.
 The new bee garden has mountain mint blooming profusely.  While the honey bees have yet to find it up on the hill, many other critters were enjoying some minty goodness.
I always have lots of things I hope to accomplish in the summer, but summers now go way quicker than I do.  I did try new things, like Tai Chi and I wanted to make new recipes and have new friends for dinner.  Last night we enjoyed visiting with a couple from church. We had a nice time.


And, summer break is about to come to a screeching halt as I return tomorrow for a morning and evening registration and calendar planning in between.  We will  have one last all day Playdate to try out the new swing and haul mulch to cover the ground underneath.  
I feel blessed and thankful for the opportunity to provide the hours of play and for their safety.  It has been a good summer.

2 comments:

  1. You have an owl! How fun! I realized about 5 days ago that there are 2 (Cooper?) hawks living in the huge tree across the street and I am having so much fun listening to them and taking lots of pictures! It is really when I wish I had a super telephoto as 300mm isn't doing it! Love the new swings! They are such a great investment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gramerly! My name is Heather and I just wanted to know if you would be willing to answer a question I have about your blog! Please email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com :-)

    ReplyDelete