Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Miss Kaye

It has been delightful to have no negative news to report on Kaye in the last few weeks. I told sister SueZ that I had not missed those tearful trips to Dairy Queen for a calming dip cone, not one iota. Well, I was feeling a little tearfully dipconeish this evening.
She spiked a temp that Pete had quite a bit of difficulty bringing under control. The doctor said to take her to the hospital. She has thrombocytopenia again, which means her blood platelets have dropped from 150,000 to 60,000 some thousand, with no explanation. I saw her Tuesday and she seemed to be in good spirits, very understandable. I talked to her when they were admitting her Tuesday night and again yesterday and she still seemed herself. Today she is very lethargic and pitiful and dialysis has failed two days in a row. Dialysis can't fail too many times without everything failing along with it.
Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment