Friday, July 7, 2023

Route 66

 We took a few turns to visit some old Route 66 sites and it was fun to see those old service stations I actually remember. I am old.  There was a cool one in Shamrock, along with Loretta's Gift Shop that had every imaginable type of thing. And all the people at those places were so sweet. Next we stopped in Elk City that had many little buildings grouped together, like a little village with all kinds of cool things through the years of Route 66 in addition to an informative movie about it. 

We ate supper at The Whiskey Cake in Oklahoma City that was right up my alley. A garden growing outside, microgreens inside and using local food.  It was so wonderful to eat wood fired vegetables and chicken. That was our favorite meal of the trip.  

Tomorrow will be a long travel day to St. Louis. I'm getting a little saddle sore, but have managed this much better than I feared I might on this adventure.   Andrea and I are still laughing our head's off at our Lucy and Ethel antics. 

And unlike last night this room is cool. So here's to a good night's sleep and safe travels.  Thank the Lord for so very many blessings. 

1 comment:

  1. A bit saddle sore, yes. I’m so grateful to whomever let Kimberly borrow the purple seat cushion; it was a hip saver! We both sat on one and were so glad for that nifty invention! The village and restaurant were wonderful, another set of favorites on this journey.

    ReplyDelete