Sunday, July 23, 2023

Renaissance Fair, Eminence KY

 Forever it seems, I've wanted to check out a Renaissance Fair. Well, there happens to be one in Eminence, KY and Ol' Mother Hubbard's Cupboard, who love such things, invited me. 

It was a fun day. 


My new battery charger for my camera didn't come until today, so these are phone pics that have to come the computer via e-mail, so they aren't the best. You sadly can't really see my freshly harvested sage crown. 

It was bigger than I expected and busier. It lasts at this location for six weekends and my guess is the last weekend and best weather brought on the crowds. They were not prepared. You can't bring in food or drinks and lines were twenty to forty minutes long, just to get a drink.  Food and drink were expensive, and not really anything special.   
They did have turkey legs, which was interesting. I looked everywhere for a turkey this past week.  This was anniversary of Phil's Mom passing and I've never known anyone who loved turkey legs like her, so I planned to make it as a remembrance. No turkeys. Then a whama jama turkey one at the fair. So I bought Phil one and the deed was accomplished all the same.  
There were vendors of all things Middle Ages. 
They had a couple of sections that were primarily for the littles. 
They have stages throughout with mud fights, jousting, archery, sword fighting, drama,  and music. My favorite was the pirate duo.  There are demos of glass blowing, blacksmithing, etc. 
And oh my, the colorful characters were endless. 
It was a lovely way to spend a blue sky Saturday. 






Sweet friend girls who love music and create their happy  moments. 
This picture right here captures this girl's love of life. 
And ever I'm grateful for new experiences and safe returns home. I used to not think about that much, doing big events close by, but with all the crazy in the world, I am a "Thank you Lord to be home safe and sound," kinda of girl these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment