Saturday, February 6, 2021

Winter Wears On

 Oh my, it has been awhile since I've stopped by.  Life still moving along through this pandemic.

Jimi hit upon a perfect gift for me through the years. He would find a calendar he thought I would love and not only fill it in every birthday, but lots of fun trivia as well and cutest stickers.  I know most of the world has moved on to Google calendars and the like, but I never have.  Sadly, he is no longer able to keep his tradition.

He is in the hospital again, day ten this time with more blood and more tests and now a bacterial blood infection that has caused a vegetative growth on his heart valve.   I believe it has also added to his confusion.  His situation breaks my heart six ways from Sunday. He's managing, at best, ten days to two weeks home, before it all starts again. He won't be going home anytime soon I'm afraid, as this bug requires days of IV antibiotics.

It was funny, to sit down with the calendar and have so very little to put on it.  As is the case for many, I find this pandemic much more wearisome in winter.  Vaccines are still not available for my age or my occupation in my state. 

I did finally give in and get my very long witchy-poo hair cut today. My friend/beautician has had Covid and the vaccine.  I believe she literally cut off half of my hair.  Consequently, feels like part of head is gone.

We've remained in session since Christmas break, though one kid after another is ever out - quarantined from exposure somewhere else.

I have never attempted to teach eight year olds to knit, but I decided to give it a try.  If my hair weren't already white, it would have been after the first week.  But, finally, one after another begin to get it, and could help with the ones that couldn't. As of Tuesday of this week, all had completed an ear band, and started a scarf.  They are thrilled.

Boy howdy, this is a busy picture. It was Pajama Day, then art behind and masks and yarn of every make and model. That's how we roll in third grade. 


Lost an old friend this month, younger than me.  It wasn't Covid, but pneumonia originally. A very long terrible time.  She appeared to finally be on the mend and was moved to rehab, where they found her unresponsive and she died in route to the hospital.  
Courtney's grandma got Covid and managed it fairly well, especially when you consider she is past ninety.  More and more people I know personally have had it.
Two more friends diagnosed with cancer.  Ugh.
Let's just say I am so looking forward to spring. 



No comments:

Post a Comment