Thursday, December 24, 2020

So this is Covid Christmas

 So crazy this Covid stuff, and so scary as cases continue to rise and are hitting close to home. 

We were to celebrate outside last Sunday, but Drummer Boy was exposed, so I thought to change it to today, Christmas Eve.  The Major though was taking the kids to a tourist destination, so I wasn't feeling too good about that.  So I decided to divide and conquer. Not too happy about it, but desperate times you know. 

Continuing with our squatly theme, we wrapped up a corner of the porch with attractive plastic and with a patio heater for outside comfort. Sunday was relatively warm, so it was a nice afternoon. 

Welcome to the Tumbledown Porch Cafe-








Next up was blackbean omelet night with Old Mother Hubbard's Cupboard. We had it at our house this year, to make use of the porch and because I wanted to teach the kids to make the caramels and fudge they so love. 

They really seemed to enjoy their carefully chosen books.  I love books and I love when other folks love them just as much. 


I watch the weather now more closely than I have in years. Yesterday we were to have a weird raise in temps to almost sixty, so I invited a friend to join us on the porch.
Sadly, that temp came with strong wind that stranded her on the wrong side of downed line, and later led to the electric out for us till the middle of the night. 

Well, it was all set and ready to go so Handy Man and I ate out, then he went about delivering her meal and some other goodies.










So, I must flee and put on some warmer clothes after my check-up appt. this morning. On Christmas Eve, really?  Oh well.  And get to the food and activities for the day!


No comments:

Post a Comment