Saturday, December 12, 2020

One Pooped Out Gramerly

 I tried my hand at the toaster pastry gingerbread house I saw online.  I love the size, but they aren't really any easier to make and would be quite pricey for the amount I have to make. 




I mentioned I was feeling more interested in Christmas at home this year. I got this when the kids were tiny. As the kids grew and we accrued more and more stuff, it stayed in then attic room for many years.  I dug it out and Handy Man did some repairs. I rolled up some bee's wax candles.  Mr. Smiley was old enough this year to light the candles himself. So. Big. 


We also created some crazy reindeer pops. 


I wanted to do the cookie exchange at school this year.  I looked up brand new recipes.  One was Banger Toffee Cookie.  You had to freeze the dough on the trays for twenty minutes before baking them, cook, bang, cook, bang cool. Wow, kind of a pain, but they are delicious.

Well with all these new recipes, and candy making to be done, I asked Bugg to come and help.  Good thing, my Christmas Spirit is a tad bigger than my energy level.  I've been wanting to start teaching them how to make the fudge and caramels they love so much, so with that done and the Bangers in the freezer, we indulged in a few whimsies. 


If you click on the pictures you can see them bigger and laugh at the snowman buttons. They are terrifying and look much more like chickens.  The mice would have been better, but the eyes didn't all stay put. 


Bugg took home a big box of goodies. I fed her her favorite beef stroganoff.  It was lovely to spend the day with her.  Now off for a big soak.  I am beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment