Sunday, November 8, 2020

Hmm, Guess I Only Thought About Blogging

 Well, it has been a minute. I thought I had blogged about Halloween at Ol' Mother Hubbard's, but I guess not.

So let's go back to  the Saturday before Halloween. It was cool, but we managed to have a big time all the same. 


Umm, so why do they look like adults?  No.



I found some cool science experiments to do with the kidless.

Mostly we stayed outside, but Uncle Jimi can't tolerate any cold, so I spent some time inside with him. 

This little munchkin was the most impressed by my bag of tricks. 

Well, so that was our big Halloween, a week early I thought.  I was so surprised at our only Trick or Treater, sporting his new driver's license.

He bought himself a new guitar and brought it to show me and pick a few tunes.  I made the tea I've been fixing him since he was not yet two.  Best Halloween Ever!!


You know I'm the queen of Courier and Ives dreaming, where everything is just love, love, love.  I was a little surprised that Bean and Bugg are not so enamored with their little cousins, or maybe with me in this season of their lives.  Their little cousins adore them and I guess I assumed, since it must be lovely being all adored, that they would adore them back. Ahem.   So, I miss them, a lot.  So Bean coming over to see us was a big deal.  He's a working man now  at the Jay C.  

They came back today for Playdate and Bugg played a game with Giddy-Up. I don't get to visit as much during these Covid festivities, or take snaps,  as I am the plate fixer in the kitchen.  I forgot to pass off the camera.  My right hand gal- Aunt Tish, is still laid up with her broken leg, though she at least got to be here today.  Jordan and Lucas brought her.  Jake came, but Uncle Jimi wasn't up to it.  Gardner E. came along with Rae and her family.  And Ceece, Bean and Bugg. 


Per his mom's request, Bean brought these from work. A remembrance of Kaye's anniversary.  Ceece is the absolute best at that.  I got a sweet card from the Handy Man too this morning. I will say I didn't cry about today.  Well, the day isn't over, but I don't usually make it this long.

Yesterday Rae brought me the last of her garden beauties. 


The hatchet is a big deal at Gramerly's. 



I got a gift card to a local nursery when Kaye died.  I bought this little maple. It has never been red like this in autumn. This picture doesn't do it justice.  Like a glowing jewel in the yard. 

Well, in accordance with my Norman Rockwell dreams, Bean stuck around and took the boys to the creek.  Mr. Smiley managed to fill his creek boots with water and was shoeless. He was determined to make himself a new pair and I believe Bean was sure he was going to cut off a body part in the process, so set out to fashion him some designer paper plate shoes. Be still my heart. 



Well, that canopy we erected and my cheap Aldi's tables have held up these seven months and fed a lot of people, entertained a bunch of kidlets.  Thank the Lord for good food to share!


I have no words for how glad I am that this election is over.  It isn't that I don't think the President wields some power, but good grief, the way people carry on astounds and completely depresses me.  This has been such a hateful ol' year.  It has been so strange to just try to be in situations and not say or do anything to set someone off.  Tiresome. 

Still, we've been able to see people in our yard, enjoy so many good songs and church services online and so far keep working. As of Friday there have been 252 confirmed case in our diocese's schools, which is a lot of schools.  One fourth of that number happened in the last week. So Covid is doing its thing in Indiana. So, I will give thanks for God's many blessings. 





No comments:

Post a Comment