Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spring Bathing






I picked up Bean and Bugg yesterday, and after a trip back to my classroom to see my just hatched chickies, we headed home to play. Pap got a new cart that attaches to lawn mower and took the kiddos for a ride. I was watering the garden, where I'd recently transplanted cabbage, spinach and brussel sprouts, etc. When Bean returned he could not resist the pull of all that wonderfully tilled dirt. Missy Bugg soon joined him.













I told the kiddos about how people used to go all winter without bathing. Bean wanted to know what they bathed in. I told him a tub just like this one. He responded, "And if they didn't have one they just went to the creek?"
Yep, probably so.
1st Lt came to get them with a container of Wild Turkey from his first shoot earlier in the day. I've been trying to figure out the best way to cook it. I believe we've settled on smokin' it. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment