Sunday, June 25, 2023

Sweet

 From the beginning, I really didn't have any idea if making it to Anacortes in four days was very realistic. If we had had to figure in any number of typical things that can and do happen, it probably wasn't. It wasn't the easiest of days but make it we did it.  Pushing hard was worth it when we walked into the church of Andrea's dear friends. Such a sweet reunion. Andrea told me so very many things about this couple from her teen age years, I felt I already knew them and thoroughly enjoyed being a part of  a wonderful service where we enjoyed their beautiful music and sermon and then the meal and activities honoring them . 


An island look out. Wow







Such a neat tree.




Whoa, a big ferry. 

So very lovely to be able to  spend three nights in the same place, along with  being some place besides a truck all day.  The weather is in the seventies. Perfect. Thank the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. We learned those trees are called madrona trees, very twisty and fun to climb. The view from Cap Sante was stunning. Rich was so tired after the long day at church, but he took the time to drive us to see this site; I am so grateful we made it to the church service and party following. I was a puddle of tears with all of the feelings; I am constantly reminded how blessed I am to have so many wonderful, Godly people who invested in me as a teen and young adult. Rich and Mary are two of the most wonderful people I have ever known. I praise God that He brought them into my life so many years ago and that we have been able to stay in touch. May the Lord bless Rich in his retirement in these days ahead.

    ReplyDelete