Monday, June 26, 2023

Day 2 on Anacortes

 A slow day today. I've stirred up cinnamon rolls for our hosts for breakfast tomorow. We went to Washington Park to take the two mile loop.

So some pictures from our walk.

There is a bald eagle on that branch in the middle. They have a really neat sounding call. 

I was on the look out for Tree Beard as we strolled along.  The path could also be driven on, so when a car was coming, in our best Frodo voice we shouted, "Get off the road."


TET looking bolls growing on a tree.
I think this must surely be a fairy ring.




My truck driving side kick becomes a four year old at the sight of an ice cream parlor. 
T
We did supper at a local seafood place that has locally harvested mussels. Are hosts weren't quite sure about mussels and asked the sweet waitress to describe them.  Oh my word, she was completely flustered. You would have  thought we were asking her to explain the periodic table of elements. She said, " Um, well they taste like sea water and sometimes they are gritty and umm, mushy."  We were cracking up and commented that she wasn't making a very good case for us ordering them. She replied, "Oh, I like them, cause I grew up eating them I guess."  We ordered them and they weren't gritty or mushy, but pretty tasty. 
Tonight I gave a lesson on cinnamon roll making.  One more day on this enchanting island with new friends and we're off to the rain forest- be still my heart.   It does require a ferry ride, so I'll be applying my patch and praying hard for an uneventful ride. 


1 comment:

  1. Such a fun time walking the trail with Mary and Kimberly. I am a sucker for well made ice cream, can you tell? We saw Bigfoot in every state…I didn’t realize he was such a big deal in the western United States, but there he was in all of his glory at every turn 😊

    ReplyDelete