Sunday, June 12, 2022

Sibling Week

 My favorite part of summer is the time I have to spend with my people.  Aunt Suzi is in town, so all the siblings got to be together on Sunday. Aunt Tish and I got to go to breakfast and peruse a local nursery and bring home some more things to plant- our therapy.  Then Suzi and Tami came on Thursday and spent the whole afternoon.  Adam was here directing kitchen traffic and got to sit a visit for a minute too.  It was the Glenda date, so we got a minute to just talk through that time, remembering her (like we'd ever forget her). 

Next up was most of Ol' Mother Hubbard's Cupboard expressing all their talents in a fabulous rendition of one of my favorites- Fiddler on the Roof. 

We got to meet for dinner. I try to not take these times for granted.  It is not somewhere I have to be, but somewhere I get to be. I soak up their smiles and the laughs and fun.  





Ol' Mother Hubbard exited early with all our jackets to mark our spots in the theatre. Timothy didn't realize that his keys were in his jacket pocket, so we had to reconfigure our travel arrangements. I decided to go with Tami's niece (my sweet and talented hair dresser and neighbor) in her tiny sports car.  Oh wow. Interesting folding my heft into that bit of a car and then trying to get out.  

Here is the Butcher, who obviously already pulled out his beard.  

And Golda, who sang like a nightingale. 

 And the terrifyingly adorable Fruma Sara


Oh yes, the kitchen. I had been holding to hope that perhaps I could start moving things in this week.  No, not quite there yet, but hey, we're as close as we've been.  Thank the Lord, I was able to locate the last known white refrigerator in the entire world. 

It is Handy Man's turn to make these very heavy butcher blocks into countertops, requiring some nerve wracking exactness.  
My hope is that this job will be complete and ready for a reveal on Saturday, July 2nd. 

Camp starts tomorrow, along with the first round of unseasonably hot temperatures. Yee haw!  Say a little prayer for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment