Sunday, May 9, 2021

Hey, Hey, It is Mother's Day

 Happy Mother's Day!  

Oh my. These days, meant to be celebratory and joyful sure can pack a punch for some.  My heart isn't even on my own Mom today, but with a friend. Her precious boy of the past three years has returned to his birth Mom.  Can we say, "Bittersweet."  

And Ceece and Leesh, who find little to celebrate when the source of this celebration is no longer here.  

Our family had another fairly terrifying health event when my nephew's heart stopped and though resuscitated more than once, had to do that cold treatment while everyone sat on pins and needles. Praise God, it was successful. 

While truly, my heart's desire is to be a joyful person, the older I grow the sadness seems to get bigger and take up more and more of my living space. 

This past month has been overwhelmingly busy to me.

There was state testing which fills me with dread, then anger, compounded by frustration.  A big yard, that I love, but wow, so much needing done. All the end of year schedule changes, and my own grief.  Thoughts of Jimi are ever as near as my next breath.  

I remember with Mom- I prayed for her every night and my first thought in the morning was a sigh of relief that no one had to call through the night.  I don't know how long it was that I continued to sstart that whisper prayer at bedtime.  Now and again I still do, but those prayers changed to Jimi.  Still the prayers come and of course the realization that he no longer needs those prayers, so tears to go to sleep and tears to wake up, when I, out of habit, look at cell phone wondering what news of the day it holds- none. 

And it is again the birthday season for our family-





Whoa, I just don't get how they grow up so very fast!

The new addition of a bridge has been installed over the back creek area.


A trial run to be sure the cotton candy machine works. I had a mini carnival for my students to celebrate the end of testing. We had mini snow cones and mini cotton candy and a big time. 



This year I was able to attend Ol' Mother Hubbard's kids recital.  It is so neat to see them singing together.












Aunt Tish shared some berries.  I fixed one of Phil's mom's favorite desserts for her today.  She loves birds, and this strawberry looked like a cardinal head tilted up, or a chicken, depending on how you look at it. 


Our last Mother's Day with Mom.


This plant was so beautiful and held its bloom for so long.  I planted it, but it isn't too happy, so I plan to move it.  Jimi had Jake get it for me last year and I sure would like to keep it.

I am pretty joyful at the prospect of some KFC, just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment