Saturday, April 10, 2021

Second Funeral

 We're huge Lord of the Rings fans in these parts and the hobbits question Strider about "second breakfast," "elevenses," etc. When our menfolk and these male children want to eat again before you've washed the last dish, we all call it "second breakfast."

Jimi loved LOTR too. Due to his sons not being able to attend his service, we had another wee one Friday evening- Second Funeral.  Rae asked was this going to onto to "elevenses."  No, that will probably do it.

It was another beautiful breezy evening. We had supper together, then made our way to the creek.  I don't think funeral director is a calling for me.   I get rather pent up about keeping it light, or making it solemn, or saying too much, or not saying enough.  I showed the boys his favorite place to sit and shared the memory of us sitting there together  and him asking me if it would be okay if that was where he landed when his earthly time was finished. 

I told them to come back to sit there anytime.

Handsome boys. The pride of their dad's life. 



And their cutest girls.

I owe a debt of gratitude to this young lady for stepping up to watch over Jimi around the clock for that weekend.  
I'm also grateful to Jake for sharing his home and life for half a dozen years with his Dad.   Jimi found a lot of joy in having a nice home, a beloved dog, a lawn to cut and something to tinker with, and lots of good food. 


So, I read the same scripture as before from Mom's Bible.
A sweet poem by Mary Oliver.
We all shed some tears. 

 Aunt Tish played What a Wonderful World one more time.






Same wind as before, so we took lanterns up the hill. 


 A comedic moment when we had a lantern fail. 

Another brother to the rescue.  I'll say that about my brothers, they are knights in their rescue ability. 

And away she blows.




So passes James, son of Raymond, to rest with his fathers. 


Backing up a bit. Yes, I believe there was some other activities in between funerals.
Tim and Gwen host Easter. 
A good day to remember the gift of my Savior, but really, every day is a good one for that. 
 Maple finally found enough kid droppings to satisfy and stretched out in the glorious sunshine. 



We sat around the new fixture in their year yard and oohed and awed over all the changes .



Aunt Tish sent beautiful cookies to be shared. 



It was a good day. 



  And the day before that, one of my student's parents invited us out again to enjoy the new babies . 

So. Stink'n. Cute.  

  Well yeah, the children are cute too, but those babies. 















Thankful for the warm weather and all the beauty popping out everywhere.

We are in the middle of state testing at school, which in spite of my trying to stop it, stresses me out.

So, again, sift the joy, sift the joy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment