Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Just Playing Around

Our first full snow day this school year.  I've made a few meals, had a big phone conversation, which usually only a weird day like a snow day ever affords, and when Handy Man gets home, we'll plow through the snow for the Shower Hour at Westminster.
Mom is okay.
Some days she gets out and about in the population on her floor.  Sunday, three different ladies came by for a visit.  When I stay all days on Sunday, I usually take a tasty treat (Hershey Bar Cake) and invite them in. Consequently, ha, I'm making lots of new friends.  I left it there on the table and she gave it her favorite nurse.  Praise the Good Lord for sweet nurses.  She has a favorite lady on first and a favorite young man on second shift.  I feel like if homemade bread, or a yummy dessert keeps Mom on their radar, well it is worth the trouble. I work hard to remember the client's and the worker's names and smile at them and say their name when I'm there.
On Sunday she was willing to get in her motorized chair and take it for a spin.  My Mom was always bold in my eyes. It is strange now that the everything outside of her chair is a fearful place. We have to beg and cajole to get her to try anything.  So I beg and cajole and in she went and did fine. Even when I stay hours like all  day Sunday, she broken hearted when I go and I feel like I'm leaving my child in an institution.  Ahh, well- life. She surely does brighten up from a visit, a card or just an "Hello, I'm thinking about you today," phone call.
She's had a lot of trouble with UTI's for like forever.  She had a CAT Scan last Thursday, and perhaps we'll have a new plan for treatment after the follow-up tomorrow.  I pray so.
So back to play.
Our first snowy Sunday called for an exciting gourmet lunch and a new to us, $1 Goodwill puzzle-living large we are. There are times I wonder how Handy Man and I can even be so polar opposite.  He plows through the pile on a mission, remove all edge pieces.
Well, I start out trying to follow that plan, but this puzzle is of a downtown street with all sorts of colors and words, be still my heart.  I must sort them, the words, the colors and yes, the edge pieces, though secretly I'd rather those edge pieces went with their right colors and letters.  He does the vast expanses of like colors, which bring me no joy or relaxation.  I do people, animals, words and the last fifteen pieces that are easy as the piece perfectly matches the hole.

Well, guess it is good we are so different, as I would never finish a dreary puzzle.
I bought Phil books about Leonardo DiVinci and some model kits for Christmas.  I thought it might be a good activity for Bean and Pap.
Bean goes about activities more like his Gramerly, Ready, Fire, Aim, but he was a good listener doing it the expected way and.......


It worked, hurrah!

Bean and Bugg are enjoying my new Prisma colored pencils and coloring book and it is lovely to just color with your wee ones.
Missy Bugg is a good helper in the kitchen always, even if she wouldn't allow salmon patty within ten feet of her lips.


 Too cold for any outside play, so fun with a new game,
 and an old sensory box I made when he was wee.
 And may I introduce the new Paris House Paparrazi.  He loves a camera as good as his Gramerly. I have ten million wee boy toys and he surrounds himself with every last phone, remote and this old camera that is so heavy he can hardly wag it around.
 I can hardly stand his cuteness.  He was playing in the living room when something fell off the table.


 He loudly exclaimed, "Shoot!"  His eyes quickly darted to those of us around the kitchen table and he dropped his head and sadly spouted, "I sawee."   Funny, handsome, sweet boy.
Traveling mercy for Aunt SuzQ  and Mister as they head to a warmer clime for a bit. I hope some sunshine refreshes their spirit and warms their bones.
I also hope I go back to school tomorrow.


1 comment:

  1. He looks so perfect standing there holding that big camera! Hope you're staying warm and dry.

    ReplyDelete