Sunday, January 12, 2014

Post Relief Playdate

Thursday was such a day I tell ya. Even the thought of Playdate did little to ease my angst.  While I have watched as God has used many generous hands and hearts to make a way where there didn't seem to be one for this new little lovey of ours, there is still much up in the air and trying to rest in, "It is all in His control,"  is just not the easiest thing for me to do.  
Why are we like that?  I know I have done all I can. I know there isn't one thing I can do further to make this happen for my girl.  I don't want to be angst filled, I don't.  So. Hard.
Still, turning around to a kitchen filled with my people and my change purse mysteriously appearing right where I thought I had left it two days before seemed like a sign that everything was going to be okay.  So very grateful for such moments, for such playtimes.
Dress-up remains the favorite and Missy Bugg decided this was the night to bring Giddy-up in on the fun and he was willing.  
So the Queen is presenting her subjects with King Giddy-up.

 After outfitting everyone it is time for a little music.  So I present the last instrument that was earlier under construction.

 I gifted Handy Man the necessary materials to build a dulcimer.

Lovely, huh?
Time to break out the instrument someone knows how to play and dance awhile.

Then it was a rousing run through many verses of London Bridges Falling Down that Miss Bugg even managed to pull the Pappy into.  I was very involved so unable to capture that.

And these pictures?  Well, they are just because he is so cute in his new alpaca sweater. The friends who gifted me with Strider raise Alpacas and I bought their wonderful socks for a lot of the guys for Christmas.  We needed  them this winter.  She had one last sweater for sell, just Giddy-up's size.  I buy a lot of stuff on clearance or with 30% off coupons, so I don't usually purchase Alpaca's sweaters.  I'm so glad I did. It is so warm and he wears it all the time.




After all that it is time for a little break and a nap for Gwanfader.


I love these Playdates, even when my mind is weary and my anxiety high.  I love when my people are eating good food, playing, singing, laughing and right where I can see them.  It seems like the most natural thing in the world to me.
I can hardly wait until it includes a brand new little Missy.  My heart hurts, missing her, not knowing what is going on with her, waiting.  Your continued prayers are highly appreciated in this waiting and wondering time.
A sweet friend must have a serious surgery involving ear and brain on Wednesday and my nephew's baby,  and Aunt Tish's first grandbaby will come via c-section tomorrow, so lot's of prayers going up on their behalf will be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment