Monday, August 15, 2011

Busy, Busy,Busy

My class returned last Wednesday. All 24 of them. They are a good group and have started the year well. I usually get to class about 7 am and go non-stop until 5:30 or 6. Somehow, perhaps in schlepping stuff around, I hurt my back. I manage to sleep two straight hours on a good night and there have only been two of those. So thankful for coffee.
Sunday was BJ's Happy First Birthday.
He's being picky about which whipped cream berry to choose next. So cute.
It was my delight and privilege to bless a dear friend with a Bridal Tea for her darling girl. My side kicks -Miss Glitzy and Miss Resource and I pulled out the stops and put on our best show. I was chief cook, but they were awesome bottle washers. I so enjoyed the time we spent planning and preparing and watching the guest enjoy themselves. It was enchanting.
Guests enjoyed tropical chicken salad in phyllo cups, tomato basil tarts, vegies and dip, berries with sour cream and brown sugar, fresh benedictine, strawberry fluffs, warm brie with apples and pears,

coconut cream puffs, lemon meringue tarts, cream cheese mints, truffles and cookies.
I can manage all the food, but cookie decorating is not my thing. Lucky for me to have found someone who creates such beauties as these. They taste wonderful too.
Ah, such joy and sweetness.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful shower. You really have been busy. I hope your back feels better and you can get some good sleep soon. I think you must need it. Those tea pot cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an AMAZING spread!! I would love to have seen the look on the guests' faces as they arrived and saw it. Just beautiful, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. It was a special day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did pull out all the stops! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete