Saturday, July 2, 2022

YES!

 The kitchen is done- praise the Lord!  

I'm thankful on so many levels, but number one is that even though  a worker literally did fall through the floor ( one leg anyway), that was the worst of the injuries. 

So very many people involved. So much time and talent in in making a sow's ear into a silk purse, starting with the planning with Adam-construction wise and Tiffani, design wise, over a year ago. 

So, come on over- 

The  Ol' Tumbledown Farmhouse with a Side of New Kitchen

Open House   

July 10, 2022  11:00 to ?   

We'll see how our design holds up to the traffic through this new space. I figured I'd better do it sooner than later and remember that the objective wasn't ever to create a show piece, but to stop the water damage and prevent serious injury, like, you know, the roof caving in.  It was finished at 5 o'clock Thursday and I haven't cooked one thing. For one reason there is still a ton of work to be done, moving everything back in, and cleaning up all the inside and outside mess. Oh my.  Also, I just need to look at a minute. Since I am Pigpen, I know this is the only time it will look like this. Soaking it in over here. 

I will ever be grateful for every hand that stopped what was important to them, to do what needed doing here, whether with a hammer or a meal, or listening to me moan, or any other thing. This job absolutely took a village.  Again, thank you Lord for my village and for safety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment