Friday, September 14, 2012

Slip Sliding Away

Okay, so I know you don't want to hear me rant anymore of the disaster we're making of the institution that claims to educate our wee folk. 
 I share so much in this space about what I love about Playdates, what it is that makes it worthwhile to me- yesterday was another glaring example.  Though my birthday isn't until tomorrow, we celebrated on the closest Playdate with hotdogs, and marshmallows around the fire.  When dinner was over, Rae took a dirty, sticky cutest Giddy-up in for a bath. I noticed Bean dragging the pool up the hill with Bugg and Swee-Tee.  I investigated and found that he wanted to use it for a slide.  It didn't work. So we were brainstorming ideas. We tried wetting the grass, still no good.  They got a garbage can lid, nothing.  I told Bean I had some big cardboard boxes from school that I was going to put in the garden if he wanted to try.  Still no speedy sliding down the hill.  Then we opened the boxes, laid them end to end and away they went.  I loved watching a three year old, five year old and eight year old work together to get something they wanted, my  most favorite kind of educating. 



 Well, Ceece thought it looked like too much fun, and she needed to try.
 Of course, we all had to get on board.  It was so fun and so much delightful laughter.




Rae came out to see what all the ruckus was about and tell us good-bye.  Giddy-up had no intention to leave just when the good times were rolling and wanted a slide or two himself.  He squealed when it was his turn, and watching his cousins take their turns.  A multi-generational recycling activity.
It was so very much fun for all.  We were exhausted.

4 comments:

  1. umm where is the gramerly sliding shot??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a nice birthday. What a great hill you have. I remember sliding down a hill on a piece of cardboard as a child.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! What a great way to spend the afternoon -- and where is that picture of you sliding?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a BLAST!!! Loved seeing all of the pictures. So much fun!!
    Love you!
    Come to Corydon in the next couple weeks if you can.

    ReplyDelete