Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Time

Ah the day is done and thankful for all it represents to me.
The Resurrection Story of course-

Oh, to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be;
Let that grace now like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to Thee:
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it;
Prone to leave the God I love.

Here’s my heart, oh, take and seal it

Seal it for Thy courts above.

And family, and friends, old and new.

Like Christmas, lots of work goes into to dinner for 40 so Aunt SuZQ so sweetly came to spend the day Saturday to help me.

I f0und this cute idea to cut of the top of eggs in daily use and rinse them out and use them for prizes.

SuZ-You want me to do what with these.

Me-Stuff them in the eggs, put a piece of tissue paper over it.

SuZ- You're crazy.

When the kidlets found them they were instructed to smash them to find their treasure.

The girls were a little timid about this . It just didn't seem right to smash their eggs. Bugg tried twice beforeshe finally pushed hard enough to break it.

Antebellie's had a gold necklace and when she smashed her egg, the sun hit it and it glinted all over everywhere and you would have thought she struck gold. So fun.

Though still a tiny tot, Mr. Giddy-up did not disappoint hunting his very first eggs. He picked up an egg, licked it,

made a face, dumped it in the basket,

clapped his wee hands as if to say, "Yes, I am cute!"

Found another one, licked it, made a face, put in basket, clapped, until his basket was full.

As soon as Buttercup discovered those eggs had candy, she abandoned hunting for eating and didn't stop till she'd gone through all her stash.


Your about there darling.

Aunt Lois dyed 3 dozen and 9 eggs for the big hunt and sat ringside to watch the participants.

Mom was able to come for a bit. Pete made it out. There were some tears for those missed and for the one about to leave, but mostly lots of food and laughter. Still, no new baby.

It's strange, it seems a little time ago when the pictures were of my own three. Then me following the next group around with the camera couldn't have been that long ago-yes, he was tiny once and now he's in college and has a girlfriend (I believe every Easter of his life has been spent in this yard),

now, Raina's tenth and Bean and Oh' Henry's eighth Easter Egg hunt already.

How can that be?

Gee, I'm old.

I hope you enjoyed your day.


1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful Easter and thank you for sharing yours. Great pictures and great post.

    ReplyDelete